Stiúrthóireacht um Athchóiriú agus Forbairt
This Directorate has responsibility for the following:
Reform and Development Office:
- legislative affairs.
- preparation of proposals for modernising legislation on court administration
- preparation of proposals on modernisation and simplification of court rules and terminology
- Rules Committee Support Unit: Provide secretarial, clerical and administrative support to the Superior Court Rules Committee, Circuit Court Rules Committee and District Court Rules Committee in accordance with the provisions of section 6(2) of the Courts Service Act, 1998 as amended by section 18 of the Civil Law (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2008. Provides representation of C.E.O. on those committees pursuant to section 30(2) of the Courts Service Act, 1998.
- identifying of opportunities for improvement of procedures and practice of court office
- assessment of implications of information technology and egovernment
- initiatives for court rules and practices
- examination, in consultation with other directors of the Courts Service, of proposals for new legislation affecting courts administration
The office also provided administrative support to the Working Group on the Jurisdiction of the Courts.
The Information Office:
Phone: +353 1 888 6459
- Provides information on the court system to the public pursuant to section 5(c) of the Courts Service Act, 1998
- Maintains and develops the Courts Service website
- Co-ordinates, prepares and publishes material in relation to the work of the courts
- Develops programmes to enable schools and other community groups obtain easily assimilated information about the court system
- Addresses interest groups on matters relating to the work of the courts
- Collates statistics on the work of the courts
- Provides a report in writing to the Minister for Justice and Equality on the activities of the Courts Service pursuant to section 8 of the Courts Service Act, 1998.
Media Relations Service:
Phone: +353 1 888 6469
- Liaises with the media in a proactive and reactive manner
- Organises press releases from the Courts Service
- Organises press briefings and photo calls.