Under the Freedom of Information Act 2014 (FOI) you have a right to apply for access to information which is not usually available to the public.
The Publication Scheme is intended to make information available to the public as part of its normal business activities. Routinely published information is categorised under the Publication Scheme section and the information you are seeking may be available already.
To make an FOI request, you must apply writing and indicate that you are seeking the information under the Freedom of Information Act.
In your correspondence you should give as much information as possible about the records you are seeking and specify how you would prefer to receive the records - for example, photocopy, computer disc. You should also provide a day-time telephone number so that we can contact you if necessary.
You may make your application by post or by e-mail using the contact details listed below.
We will respond to all requests within 4 weeks from the date the request has been received.
You have the right to:
- access to records held by the Courts Service, subject to the provisions of the Act
- have personal information about yourself which is held by the Courts Service corrected where it is incorrect, not complete or is misleading
- access to the reasons for decisions made by the Courts Service which directly affect you
The following are the records which come within the range of the Act
- all records held by the Courts Service which have personal information about you
- all other records created by the Courts Service since the commencement date of the Act, that is 21 April 1998, (subject to the limitations of the Act)
- any other record which is necessary to help understand a current record
Courts Service Freedom of Information Officer
You should address your application for information under the Freedom of Information Act to:
Freedom of Information Office,
The Courts Service,
15/24 Phoenix Street North,
Phone + 353 1 888 6464
Please see the Contact Us page for further contact details if you have any queries in relation to the above.